Katherine has been helping leaders and organizations bridge the generational gap and improve their performance in and through the following spheres:
Healthcare Higher Education
Consumer Products Industry Publishing Industry
Marketing/Media Professional Organizations
Youth Recreational Leadership Training Civic Groups
Continuing Education Leadership Consulting
Doctor of Philosophy, Educational Studies - Trinity International University -2009-2015
Dissertation: "Undergraduate Student Leaders, a Subgroup of Millennials, and Their Self-Selected Life Experiences in Teams"
Master of Education, Community Agency Counseling - Clemson University - 1998, Summa Cum Laude, Chi Sigma Iota
Bachelor of Science, Psychology - Indiana University - 1995, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Eta Sigma
Bachelor of Arts, Biology - Indiana University - 1995, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Eta Sigma
PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE: Licensed Professional Counselor, North Carolina (2002-present)
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL (tiu.edu), Associate Dean of Student Leadership Development (2016-2017) Director of Leadership Development and Local Community Partnerships Deerfield,IL(2007-2016)
- Innovated and implemented successful leadership programs increasing recruitment and impacting retention.
- Established 360 brand for Emerging Leaders Conference resulting in 400% growth of TIU 360 Leadership Conference.
- Created and cultivated interdepartmental task force to develop seamless culture of leadership across the university leadership program.
- Launched and led 360 Leadership Institute after receiving $600,000 grant from the Lilly Endowment, Inc. Led grant writing team.
- Rebranded Emerging Leader program and facilitated university-wide impact.
- Coached over 50 emerging adults resulting in transformational growth.
- Numerous professional presentations throughout the country and in India. Topics included: Leadership, Women in Leadership, EQ, and Recruitment and Retention.
ADJUNCT FACULTY, Trinity College (2009-2016)
- Pioneered Endorsement and Minor in Practical Leadership for students participating in experiential leadership opportunities. • Experience teaching a wide variety of courses from Group Dynamics to Emerging Leaders to Camp Operations.
Youth Unlimited High Point, NC, Program Director, Therapeutic Foster Care (2001-2006)
- Created and developed successful Therapeutic Foster Care Program to establish a continuum of care across the agency. • Recruited, trained, and supervised staff and foster families to provide holistic care.
- Co-authored policies and procedures to establish effective program guidelines.
- Team-led successful COA accreditation guaranteeing that best practices were followed.